The process to set up a software RAID in Windows 8 is actually incredibly easy.
1. Right Click on “My Computer” and choose “Manage” (Note: you may be prompted for administrative access)
2. Choose “Disk Management”
3. Right click on one of the two disks you’re planning to RAID and choose the RAID configuration that best suits your needs.
- “New Mirrored Volume” is RAID 0
- “New Striped Volume” is RAID 1
- “New RAID 5 Volume” is obviously your RAID 5
- There is also “Spanned Volume” which is a non-RAID non-fault tolerant disk setup that treats the two drives as one large drive.
4. A Wizard will pop up to help you through the setup, just choose “Next >”
5.Add all the disks you wish to RAID to the right “Selected” pane and choose the storage space you wish to use (this will probably be correct by default).
6.Mount it to whichever drive you have free (this will probably be correct by default).
7. Choose the format options (this will probably be correct by default).
8. Click “Finish”.